WATCH: Moving into LMU

Packing, moving and settling in at Loyola Marymount University is a rite of passage for first-year students. In this video, Cassius Pettit ’20 documents his adventure to his new home on campus.

Pettit, a film and television major production major, shows his four-day journey from his hometown in Portland, Ore., to Los Angeles.

“I’ve officially arrived at my new home,” Pettit says into the camera in the video. “It’s just so beautiful here. It’s incredible.”

In “Moving into College,” which Pettit shot and produced, he shows the process of checking in with Student Housing, moving into his room in Whelan and meeting his new roommate.

“This year I just want to meet as many people as I can,” Pettit said about the year ahead. “Education is important, but in the film industry, your network is everything. I also want to consistently put out new YouTube videos of fun things I do on or off campus. So far so good.”

Check out Cassius Pettit’s YouTube channel for more videos the first-year film student has made about LMU.