Wellness Wednesday fall kickoff starts tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 31. Each Wednesday, the LMU Community gathers together on Regents Grass from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to relax and be in community together.
This weekly signature event also features the opportunity to get to know LMU’s registered student organizations, departments, and programs showcasing their latest offerings on campus. LMU student-run businesses participate and show off their entrepreneurial skills.
This week features special programming from:
- Meet the new Senior Vice President for Student Affairs Kawanna Leggett, Ed.D. – SVP Leggett will be in the “Doctor Is In” booth. Stop by to introduce yourself, share your story and ask her questions.
- LAX Pups – Meet the comfort dogs from the LAX airport.
- Student EXP – Learn more about how to create your path for your student experience this year.
- Wellness Educators – educate fellow students about mental health and wellness, reduce stigma around mental illness, and raise awareness of SPS and other wellness resources.
You can also purchase food, produce, clothing, and jewelry from small, local businesses in and around L.A. This week our vendors from Venaver Events include:
- 7 Angels Coffee – hot, cold and blended coffee drinks
- Leis by Jewles – floral bouquets
- Candles and Soaps
- Tibetan Jewelry
- Tamale Fiesta – Chicken, beef, pork, cheese, veggie, sweet pineapple, and sweet corn tamales.
- Zingo Tacos – Tacos, burritos, and quesadillas.
- R. Cairns Farm – farm fresh fruits
- Punkys Ice Cream
- Reds Pizza – Neapolitan Style Pizza
- Brothers Products – Hummus, dips, pita bread and chips
- Omas Puffers – Mini Dutch Pancakes
- Jay Aguas Frescas
- Aloha Catering Services – Hawaiian style BBQ
- Pupusas Yeni
- AJJ Crepes – Sweet and savory crepes
If you are interested in participating in a Wellness Wednesday, complete this form.